Friday, May 2, 2008

KIDZ

Ashley and Hailey have been driving me insane. They will not keep their room clean for more than an hour. I usually make them clean it every night before going to bed. The last 2 nights they were in there 2 hours each night suppose to be cleaning. They would not finish it. They kept playing then fighting, I kept telling them they weren't coming out until it was clean. Then it would come bed time and still not be done. I don't know what is with them, they can usually clean it in like 15 minutes. They finally got it cleaned last night before Daniel's basketball game, I told them we wouldn't go unless they finished so they finally got their act together. So today like 10 minutes after we got home from picking Ashley up from school, I go in there and their room already looks like this! Is anyone else's kids this messy, geez!

This last week Ryan was sick with throwing up and other gross stuff. He fell asleep on the chair in the the Living Room hugging his T-Rex all snuggled up. I thought he looked so cute!

3 comments:

THE CAVEY CLAN said...

Ethan went through that stage and Janell taught me a good lesson, to put them in plastic bins where they have to ask and only have one at a time. I still have toys down stairs and he does it with them, I found a knew trick called the "goody jar" (at least that is what I call it). It works by having a jar for each child and when they do what is asked or something nice, they get a scoop of beans in it and when they don't listen they get one taken away! We talked to Ethan before hand about it and told him when it gets filled to the top, we will take him to the store for a gift (I am going to do $1-$5 gifts) or take him for a ice cream treat. It seems to work and it does take a while to fill so far so it is not like they are getting treated all the time but it is a great motivator! Just an idea, but yes, you are not alone there!

Anonymous said...

hey well i was way excited to see that you had a blog as well it was so much fun to read about all your lives and learn more about your family you guys should take a trip to idaho and come see us!!! that would be so fun! well we totally should stay in touch more tell the fam hi and that we miss all of them and you guys to we will talk to you later!!

Tiffany said...

Kim sad to say but my kiddos are the same way, my middle one especially he is horrible about picking up after himself and it frustrates me and I feel like I am always getting after him.