Thursday, May 15, 2008

Day Date

Daniel and I hadn't been on a date without kids for a while so a few days ago we decided we would go during the day. Daniel's sister was kind enough to watch our crazy kids for us. We decided to go somewhere new so we went to the Denver Library downtown and the Art Museum. We had heard that they had one of the very first edition printed, Book of Mormons at the Library down town. Brigham Young had given it to the Governor of Denver, is what we heard, don't know exactly. They keep it in a vault and you have to sign a paper, wear gloves, and go in a special room to look at it. It was really neat to see! It didn't have verses in it.


Then we were off to the Art Museum there was some cool things, but also a lot of boring things that I wouldn't call art. But it was fun to go with just Daniel. We took these pictures outside the buildings they have some weird statues.

See us in there, we got swept up!

4 comments:

Tiffany said...

Yeah for getting out and going on a date, I wish we had more places to go here because we do the same things over and over! I did not even know you guys were in those last pictures, it took me a minute to recognize that. You guys are tiny. The book of mormon thing is very cool and interesting. I did not know that!

THE CAVEY CLAN said...

I am so jealous you got to see an old copy of the BOM, that is seriously really cool. I thought you guys photo shopped yourselves into that picture at first, pretty tricky there. I have never been to a museum that I can re-call and I can't waite to take my boys to one. I never thought about going to one on a date (maybe that's because we never go on dates:)! I am glad you guys got out though and I will look for another up date in a few days J/K!

Eliza said...

Looks like you guys had fun! Glad to know someone is going on dates without kids!

BrImHaLl FaMiLy said...

I wish we had fun places like that here to visit. I wish I could have seen that BOM, that would be so cool.