Monday, October 27, 2008

I didn't know it started so soon....


So about 20 min. after Ashley gets home today the phone rings. It was a sweet little girl voice asking to talk to Ashley. So I let her have the phone little did I know it was a boy in Ashley's class having his sister ask for her. Are you kidding me a boy calling my little 6 year old girl already. So after Ashley figures out who it is she says to him "hold on let me go in the other room"! What the heck! Then I figure out what is going on because I hear her say his name. I sneak down the hall to hear what she is saying. I guess he just wanted to talk to her and wanted her to tell him what kind of project he should do. So I hear her telling him "Ok get some paper and scissors and draw some pumpkins" and so on. Then I walk back to the bathroom and she is in her room and she says "hold on my mom is here let me shut the door." Oh my goodness! I listened the whole time and it was innocent conversation. Then Daniel gets home and I tell him what is going on and then we told her she talked long enough and it was time to tell Kayden that she has to go. Then he calls back like 3 or 4 times but we didn't answer, and then like an hour later Ashley is outside and the phone rings again and she answers before I could get to it. So she talked to him again for 5 minutes and Daniel said OK it's time to go again. Oh, I know it is innocent at this age but still. This little boy is funny he gives her and other kids hugs when they leave from school. I decided to not tease her or make a big deal about it. I asked her how he got our # and she said she just gave it to him at school. Now Ashley keeps telling me that she wants to talk to Kayden again and if he calls again she is talking to him! WHATEVER!!

7 comments:

THE CAVEY CLAN said...

I can only say NOW I am glad I have boys:)! I think the first time I talked to a boy on the phone was like 13 and THAT was young to my parents. Good luck, it is funny though!

carrie said...

NOW WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had Dave read this too - we were both cracking up!

BrImHaLl FaMiLy said...

I can just see you sneaking around listening to your daughter on the phone. I can't tell you how many times I have done that with my older kids. Its the only way I know whats going on. I am laughing when I say this. Now I have to sneak and read there text messages!!!!

Tiffany said...

Well this i'm sure will be the first of many phone calls from boys! That's pretty funny that you were listening in I know i would be to. She seems like she knows how to carry on a phone conversation to. That's pretty funny! Better lock her up now.

Dickey Family said...

How funny Kiim. I can so see you trying to listen. I would too! At least it was just a call about a school project!

Tania said...

Oh, the joy of having cute girls! And it's only the beginning, huh? Funny story! Save it and tell her about it when she gets married.

Hudson Clan said...

It reminds me of the time when Kaylee was in Kindergarden and she got off the bus crying, when I asked what was wrong she burst into a sob about having boy coodies because Garsen kissed her. She wouldn't stop until she took a bath and washed all the coodies off! Atleast I just have one you have to to ward off all the boys!