Friday, November 28, 2008

This week was and a crazy one! Daniel got Strep throat on Monday and was still sick yesterday, so he didn't get to enjoy the Thanksgiving food as much. The girls got awards and had a friendship feast at school! Which I am very proud of those girlie's I must say, they are both so good and well mannered at school (I don't know what happens when they get home)!! We had Thanksgiving with Daniel's family and it was sure yummy. I was sure missing home, though! I was really missing my moms famous pumpkin pie, but mostly missing being with my family. This morning I got up at 4am to go with my mother in-law and sisters in-law to hit the early shopping deals at Walmart and Target! It was quite the adventure at Walmart, it was out of control. But I did end up with some good stuff for the kids for Christmas! Daniel left this morning to go to New York on business with his dad, so we are on our own until next Tuesday. Hopefully he feels better on his trip. Daniel's dad also cut us a Christmas tree down from his property, free good smelling tree, we love it! So that has been our week! I am just so grateful for my family and for all that I have been blessed with!

This picture is from an outlet mall we went to last week. The kids thought this huge tree was so cool and they loved how the presents were bigger than they were!

4 comments:

Tiffany said...

Sounds like lots of good stuff going on, except the sick part! Hope you don't catch it. I love that tree it is huge!
Since your feeling homesick are you guys planning a trip anytime soon?

Dickey Family said...

It's funny how different our kids act at home than in public.
Way to go shopping on the craziest shopping day of the year! You've always been a trooper :)

aprilhoyt said...

sounds like a fun weekend! I love the holidays!! Nice tree, that is HUGE!!

THE CAVEY CLAN said...

It's inevitable getting sick around Holidays, poor guy {although a trip to NYC would be nice:)}! You know if you moved to Az you wouldn't miss me....I MEAN your FAMILY as much:). Maybe Christmas, eh?