Yesterday we took a drive to the Mountains after church. We drove up by Mnt. Evans and stopped at Echo Lake and walked around. The kids had tons of fun playing on the frozen Lake! It was super cold and windy but we all had big jackets, hats and gloves! It was so pretty up there. I love doing these things as a family, especially on Sundays when we can just take it easy and take our time and enjoy the beauty! 
Friday night was a chilly one so we headed to Walmart to buy some Duralogs so we could have our 1st fire of the season in our fireplace! We enjoyed hot chocolate and ice cream sandwhiches around the fire! The kids love doing fires and they wanted to camp out and sleep next to the fire! So they all snuggled together by the fire for the night and Daniel told them a scary story. Daniel slept out with them on the couch. I couldn't get comfy out there, so I was a party pooper and went to my own bed!
Monday, November 17, 2008
Weekend Family Fun
Posted by Jensen Family at 7:43 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
12 comments:
What a fun weekend. Driving up the very windy, steep Colorado Mnts as a child has always stuck with me as some of the greatest beauty I have ever seen. Although not AS pretty, I am glad gas prices are going back down so we can start our family drives again.
Hey Kim - did you read the twilight book(s)? We are having a girl's night out on the town this Friday to go see the movie and then go to dinner afterwards. Let me know if you want to join us!
carrielewis@avaya.com
Oh, I meant to say not AS pretty here in AZ(if that makes more sense now:). BTW, you didn't miss much from my Grumpy post:). I was up until 3am cleaning out my cupboards because I am a freak of nature and all I was listening to was Access Hollywood (and others like it) bring out MORE videos of Anna Nicole Smith. I just think it is SO WRONG of them to continue to mock her life, I feel bad for her. So my rant was about that and among other reasons I hate Hollywood:0)(aren't you glad I told you) Are you planning on coming out before that little belly pops?
I love sitting by the fire. I wish we had a fire place. It makes me want to go cuddle up in my blankie and drink hot coco!!!
How fun I use to love Sunday afternoon drives! Sometimes John and I do that with the kids. My kids love the fireplace too. Ours is gas so we do not light it too often, but my in-laws have a real one and Jaytin always wants to help grandad make a fire even when its 90 degrees outside!
how fun!! I can't believe it's that cold there! It's quite warm here (and I like it that way, snow is only welcome for Christmas!!) But fun...those are the fun times your kids will remember!!
That really is a pretty place, I like the pictures, sundays are the best for family time. We love our fireplace to there's nothing like that instant heat to cozy up to!
The first fire is always so fun! Sounds like your weekend was an extra special family time!
Love your background! Great minds think alike!!
Kimber! I am so excited you have a blog! I love reading your family stories. You really have the cutest little family. I can't wait to meet the new little guy on the way. I heard you aren't coming down for Thanksgiving and I'm really bummed! I was hoping to see you all. Hope you're doing well!
Tara
Hey Kimmi! I'm still so sadddddd your not coming down for Thanksgiving we will sure miss you. ohhh and you do have a couple of days if you want to change your mind! I love the pictures it's funny how we have done the exact same things, and yes the kids always remember fun things like that!
again totally jealous i really need to move somewhere funner than idaho or make a ton more money anyway i am glad to see that you are all having fun and enjoying life
man makes me wanna light a fire even though it's still in the 80's here!
Post a Comment