We had a great reunion/vacation! We always look forward to our reunion in Idaho every July! My parents came with us and my sister Sandi and her family decided they needed a vacation too and met us up there! We rented a Cabin together! Daniel's family welcomed my family in great, every one got along great and had a good time! I forgot my camera so I had to take pics with Daniel's phone but I didn't take as many as I would have liked to! Some of the activities we all had fun doing was boating, jetskiing, rafting, going to Yellowstone National Park and going to West Yellowstone to the playmill! My sister Sandi's kids and my kids got along great! Ashley hung out with Kimmi, Hailey and Kadee were having so much fun, and Braden and Ryan were running around together the whole time! We are so glad my parents and Sister and family were all able to come! We had a great time with them! 
So the 2nd night we were there, Ryan sprayed bug spray over a candle and his hands and ear caught on fire. It was so sad. His burns were 2nd degree, the most painful. It took 3 hours of putting his hands in cold water and on an ice pack to calm him down. You could tell he was really in pain. They don't have a hospital where we were so Daniel's cousin, Tanya called a Dr. friend and he told us what to do. Only one hand got burned really bad. It was really gross the next day his fingers were all blisters. The pictures I took were just the second day so it doesn't show how bad it actually got. His hair and eye lashes on one side are all singed, too! Poor thing! He was actually really good and happy the rest of the trip, it just sucked trying to keep his hand out of the water! What a trooper he was for the rest of the trip, having to get his hand wrapped up with medicine a few times a day! He called it his cast!
Sunday, July 27, 2008
Reunion
Posted by Jensen Family at 9:14 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Oh "Holy Man" (as Ethan would say, I have no clue where he got that from)! Your POOR LITTLE GUY, that looks aweful and SO,SO painful. What a tough little guy, I think I would still be crying over it:). I LOVE the pictures and especially the Moose. I don't know if I would want to be that close to a real one though! Glad you had a fun trip (most of it right?).
I was so sad to hear about Ryan. Sandi sent me pictures of his hand the next day. I also talked to her right after the accident. He is such a brave little guy!! Thank goodness for priesthood blessings!!! Glad you all had an awesome vacation.
Oh..ouch! how sad...isn't it amazing how fast kids recouperate? They are so tough. looks like fun! We wanna go to yellowstone before school starts! how fun!
Oh Kim that poor guy, I hate it when the little kids hurt themselves and that looks painful! He's a trooper if he didn't let that slow him down! I'm glad you had fun and that your family was able to join you!
So sorry to hear that! What a brave little guy! Did you cry too? I think I would have. I hope he's feeling better now!
Post a Comment