I didn't have any good pictures to post from the weekend but we got some exciting news at church yesterday, that I wanted to share. Earlier last week our Stake President called us and said he wanted to meet with Daniel and I when we got to church. We figured the reason he wanted to see us was for us to be in charge of a youth activity of something. Daniel has been in the young mens for almost the whole time we have been married, so we figured it had to do with the youth, but it didn't. The stake president asked us to accept a 1 year mission call for the whole family! We will stay here but we will go to a ward down town denver for a year! The ward is really small. We feel so priviledged that they chose us. Our responsibilities will be to help however we can. We will need to help the missionaries however we can, we will need to fellowship investigators and new members, we will have callings there, too. At first I was nervous thinking how can I help I have 3 crazy kids. Daniel didn't get to go on a mission so this is our chance to make up for it. It was crazy going to church, finding out that was our last Sunday in the ward we have been in for 6 years. We got released and we had to speak in Sacrament meeting. It was a crazy day. After church we went to the new church building with our stake president to meet our new stake president, and they set us apart. I was so emotional all day, and I usually don't show my emotions like that but I knew it was right and that is where the Lord wants us to be right now. Daniel and I knew we would go on a mission someday but we thought it would be when we were old! The new church building it awesome, it is really close to down town and it is 4 stories high. It has an elevator! I have never seen a building like this. Well sorry this is so long, I know I am probably boring everyone, but I am just so excited. I know this call is to strengthen our testimonies, too. We need it! We will start going after general conference, we can't wait to get started! I will update more once we get started!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Kim how exciting, I have never heard of this before for young people either but you should be honored, that is great. You will have a great experience i'm sure. I love your enthusiasm about it to! I can't wait to hear how it goes, and congratulations!
Wow Kim, thats really exciting!Congratulations! It's amazing what we can do when we have kids. I always get intimidated of callings with kids too, but you guys will be great!
Kim,
Daniel just told be about your blog today. Wow, what a great calling! I'm so excited for you, what an awesome experience you'll have. I'm glad that I can check your blog to keep updated. Good luck!
Congratulations! I'm sure you will do great! The new ward will be lucky to have you there! Lindsey loves to look at her picture of her "fends". (the one on our last McDonalds trip together)
Post a Comment