Thursday, April 24, 2008

Inspirational

Daniel went to Deseret Book yesterday and he brought me back this book. It is a really easy read and it's very inspirational. I thought it was cute of Daniel to think of me and get it for me! It made me think of my own mom and the things she has done and sacrificed for me. It also was very uplifting and made me think of how I can be a better mom to my children.


It has a lot of good quotes and prayers in it. I really liked this one:

Heavenly Father,

What confidence You must have in me to entrust me with the care of these precious children! Sometimes I feel so inadequate to provide for their needs and teach them what they'll need to know to live fulfilling, productive lives. I often wonder what you saw in me that made You think I could do this.
Yet, when You chose a mother for Your very own Son when He came to earth, You didn't choose someone who had it all together. Instead You sought out a young girl who had faith in You and who was willing to listen to rely upon You.
Maybe that's what You saw in me-a willingness to listen and obey. Father, please strengthen these qualities in me and help me to rely on You and Your wisdom in every decision I make concerning my children. May I find my confidence in You.

Amen

2 comments:

THE CAVEY CLAN said...

What a SWEEEEEET hubby, that is so cute! I love that quote, I guess every Mother has moments of feelings of inadequesy:)?(i don't know how to spell:)! Very inspirational indeed!

CHRISTINE said...

How very nice. It's always a good thing to read/hear about how we can be better mothers. How fun that you guys got to go to CA! Oh, and sorry about the tooth troubles...no fun!