Yesterday we were out in our front yard and I saw Ryan reaching in the corner of the porch. I went to see what he was doing and he was trying to pick up a black widow spider. I freaked out!. I didn't know it was a black widow at first but I caught it in a jar so I could check. It had a perfect red hour glass shape on its belly. I think that was the first time I have ever really seen one. Well anyway good thing it didn't bite him being that they are one of the most poisonous spiders.
Friday, August 24, 2007
Black Widow
Posted by Jensen Family at 12:21 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Yuck! I have never seen one either and hope to never, but I'm sure my boys would be the same way trying to pick it up. So did you kill it?
Yeah I killed it! I drinched it with spider kill spray then sqished it with a stick!
You are a brave woman putting your hands near that. That is my biggest nightmare getting bit by one of those things, especially my kids!
Post a Comment